How toget help
Upon meeting a victim for the first time and completing all intake paperwork with them, a determination will be made between the advocate and client about which tier will be their starting point. The Tier Program is targeted for a 2 year completion but we take consideration for individual needs and circumstances.
How it works
Guidance every step of the way.
In Tier 4 our main focus is connections to establish survivor leadership:
• Focusing on volunteer opportunities, writing and sharing lived-experience story, survivor leader speaker, and Survivor Support Group facilitator.
• As a Tier 4 client, she has completed goals for sustainability and has skills to be self-sufficient. Time allocated to this tier is approximately 5 months. We will continue to maintain friendship and support as needed.
In Tier 3 our main focus is the hard work of healing and self sustainability. We are also assisting in helping to build community and support systems:
• Focusing on long term housing, continued counseling that is trauma informed, continued recovery plan, social skills, community involvement, life skills such as cooking, hygiene, self-care, parenting, financial stability with credit recovery, paying off debt, building a savings plan, and justice advocacy.
• In Tier 3, we will meet with clients once a month and at least one meeting in person each quarter. Time allocated to this tier is approximately 12 months.
In Tier 2 our main focus is transition to self sustainability:
• focusing on transitional living, sustainable food resources, counseling that is trauma informed, recovery plan, legal advocacy, medical/dental/vision, survivor support group, transportation/mobility, driver’s license, vocation or education, budget and child care.
• In Tier 2, we will meet with clients bi-monthly and at least once a month in person. Time allocated to this tier is approximately 6 months.
In Tier 1 our main focus will be to provide/meet basic needs either directly through Hub of HOPE or through community partners.
• Focusing on getting food, clothing, safe shelter, emergency care, identification documents, and health insurance. We believe that this is the foundation that is needed to begin the work of healing with every client.
• In Tier 1, we will meet with clients weekly, either in person or over the phone, but will meet in person with them at least once a month. Time allocated to this tier is approximately 30 days.
How we help
See below for victim services.
Survivor Support Group Team – these groups are made available for survivors to meet together and support one another. Hub of HOPE offers a twelve week class using the “Ending the Game” curriculum.
HOPE Advocacy Team – walks with survivors on their journey of restoration and healing. Advocates assist survivors in setting and completing goals they set in their case management sessions
Day Center Team - supports survivors while visiting our campus and extends hospitality by providing time for rest, meals, classes, and group sessions
Safe Transport Team – coordinates safe and comfortable travel arrangements for survivors to get them to a place of safety or appointments needed in their restoration journey
Victim Response Team - meets with potential survivors for an assessment and intake for Hub of HOPE services
Helpline Team - a team member is available for individuals to call or text if they believe they or someone they know is in danger of a trafficking situation. 405-582-0759
Managing Emotional and Mental Health